A healthier version of a holiday favorite! I used dairy free butter, gluten free rice chex, a monkfruit based powdered sugar alternative and powdered peanut butter to make this a little less sweet and a whole lot tastier. The powdered peanut butter even adds a little protein!
- 11 cups Rice Chex (a whole box of cereal)
- 1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips (I used this brand)
- 2/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup melted dairy-free butter (I used this brand)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 cup monkfruit powdered sugar (I used this brand)
- 1/2 cup powdered peanut butter (I used this brand)
- Combine chocolate chips, peanut butter, and dairy-free butter in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute, then stir to combine. Continue microwaving in 20 second increments until mixture is completely smooth. Add vanilla and salt and stir to combine.
- Pour cereal into a large bowl, then pour over chocolate mixture. Toss gently until all cereal is coated.
- Pour coated cereal into a large resealable plastic bag, then add powdered sugar and powdered peanut butter and shake to coat. Pour cereal onto a large baking sheet covered in parchment paper to cool, about 10 minutes.
- Include some toppings! I added in gluten free pretzels, dry roasted peanuts and M&M’s for a sweet/salty taste.
- Store in an airtight container until ready to serve. For added crunchiness, store in the fridge!