A cozy fall-inspired dinner that cooks and is on the table in less than 45 minutes. Perfect for weeknight cooking and meal prepping!
- 1 1/2 lbs Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts (sliced in half lengthwise)
- 1 medium Delicata Squash
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 10–15 fresh sage leaves
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly coat a large baking sheet with olive oil or non-stick spray
- Rinse the chicken breasts and pat dry with paper towels. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Place the chicken breasts on the baking sheet, leaving plenty of room in between them for the squash.
- Wash and scrub your squash – I recommend doing this because you do not take the skin off of the squash for this recipe!
- Slice the squash into about 1/2 inch thick rounds and remove the seeds from the middle of the squash.
- Place the squash rings on the baking sheet in between the chicken breasts
- Sprinkle squash with salt and pepper and drizzle lightly with olive oil or spray with cooking spray
- Place the sheet pan in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. The squash should be tender and the chicken should be cooked thoroughly.
- Let the pan cool for about 5 minutes before slicing the chicken to let it rest.
- While the chicken and squash cool, finely chop the sage leaves and then sprinkle onto the pan evenly.
- Serve over a bed of greens, on top of grains, or both!
**I served this dish over a bed of greens with cous cous, asparagus and a sprinkle of goat cheese, shown in above photos.
TO STORE: Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
TO REHEAT: Gently re-warm the chicken on a baking sheet at 350 degrees F until hot. You can reheat this in the microwave but the chicken will get rubbery and chewy if you microwave for too long.