Cozy and warm, this baked oatmeal is easy to make at the beginning of the week and enjoy for breakfast topped with any toppings you like, or just eaten plain.
- 2 cups rolled old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 mashed ripe banana
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely diced apples
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray two mini skillets (an 8×8 baking dish works here too) with non-stick spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together rolled oats, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, almond milk, banana, maple syrup, flax seed, coconut oil and vanilla.
- Gently fold in raisins, carrots and 3/4 cup of the apples with a spatula.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and top with remaining 1/4 cup of apples.
- Bake about 40 minutes or until the center has set and a fork comes out clean. Allow it to cool before serving.
- Drizzle with any toppings you like! Maple syrup, almond butter and coconut yogurt are my favorite.
- Keep the leftovers in the fridge. Make sure you allow it to completely cool before covering it and putting it in the fridge.
- Leftovers should last 3-4 days in the fridge!