In college, buffalo chicken was a weekly staple of mine. On pizza, in a wrap, wings and my favorite, in a dip form. No matter what variety, it was always drenched in ranch (definitely not blue cheese). Buffalo and ranch is one of those flavor combos that exudes comfort and indulgence, which is exactly why I created this healthy dip! Made with cauliflower and with dairy-free options, this dip packs a vegetable punch without sacrificing that delicious buffalo flavor.Print
1 head of cauliflower
2 tbsp olive oil
½ cup buffalo sauce (I used Frank’s Red Hot)
Salt and pepper
½ tsp garlic powder
1 container (8 ounces) dairy-free cream cheese (I used Kit Hill Plain)
1 cup shredded dairy-free mozzarella cheese (I used Trader Joe’s cashew-mozzarella)
- Preheat the oven to 425° and line a baking tray with parchment paper
- Chop up the cauliflower into small florets and add to a large bowl and toss with olive oil, garlic powder and ¼ cup buffalo sauce (save the other ¼ cup for later). Make sure that each floret is evenly coated. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Arrange cauliflower on the lined baking tray and bake for 20-25 minutes or until edges start to brown.
- Turn the oven down to 350° and let the cauliflower cool for about 10 minutes.
- Once the cauliflower is cooled, add it to a food processor with remaining ¼ cup buffalo sauce, 8oz cream cheese, and ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese (save the other ½ cup for sprinkling on top).
- Blend on high until all ingredients are fully combined.
- Scoop the mixture out into an 8×8 baking dish or round pie dish and smooth until the surface is even. Sprinkle on the remaining ½ cup mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until cheese starts to slightly brown.
- For a crispier cheese, turn the broiler on high for about 30 seconds to 1 minute and then remove from oven.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Top with chopped green onions
Keywords: buffalo, cauliflower, dairy-free, buffalo cauliflower, dips, football, vegan