Sometimes, tomato sauce can get boring. I eat pasta for dinner at least once a week and am always trying to jazz it up with a special sauce or ingredients that make it unique because honestly, marinara and pesto can get boring.
Enter: this VIBRANT and seriously flavorful beet and goat cheese sauce. I have just in the past 5 years grown to like beets and in introducing them to my palette have tried to mix them into normal foods like hummus and most recently, this sauce.
Also, how beautiful is it? It would be a stunning dish to make for a dinner party, picnic or just for yourself to appreciate.
The good news is that all you have to do is throw the ingredients into a food processer and………….blend. Then you pour it over the pasta, the end.
Super easy and tasty.
If you’re vegan it’s worth experimenting with some vegan cheeses like a ricotta or cream cheese substitute to help achieve that rich and creamy texture.
I ate this pasta hot, and cold and I can concur that it is good both ways and definitely will not dissapoint!
- 1 large baseball sized beet (cooked) – if you’re using canned or prepackaged beets you’ll need about 8 oz)
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp minced garlic (can also use garlic powder)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- Cook pasta according to directions
- Add all above ingredients to a food processor and blend until you have a smooth, pesto-like sauce
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
- When the pasta is ready, spoon sauce over the noodles and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Optional to garnish with fresh mint or Parmesan cheese