You’ve heard of chocolate avocado mousse. But have you ever had KEY LIME PIE avocado mousse? I think not. This is for all my key lime fans who love this sweet tangy treat. It’s perfect on a hot summer day and only uses a few clean ingredients. Plus, it takes only a few minutes to blend together! I used gluten-free graham crackers as my base and topped the mousse with toasted coconut and some lime zest. This is sure to be my new go-to summer dessert recipe!
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk (refrigerated overnight)
- 1/2 avocado
- 2-3 tbsp sweetener of choice (I used Lankato Monkfruit)
- Juice of 1 lime
- Graham Crackers (these are the ones I used)
FOR THE MOUSSE:
Refrigerate a can of coconut milk overnight or for at least 3-4 hours
Scoop the coconut cream off the top of the can and do not use the liquid portion. (You can save that for a smoothie)
Add coconut cream to a blender with 1/2 an avocado and your sweetener of choice.
Last, blend in the juice of 1 whole lime
ASSEMBLING THE PARFAIT:
- Crunch up a graham cracker in a ziploc bag using the bottom of a cup.
- Add crust layer to the bottom of a wine glass or parfait dish
- Top with mousse
- Garnish with toasted coconut and lime zest (optional)