Chocolate cake is one of those things that needs to be perfect. It can’t be too dry, it has to have the right fudgy taste, and let me just say this recipe checks the boxes. I topped this cake with two of my favorite ingredients, pistachios and toasted coconut but feel free to top this cake with absolutely anything your heart desires!
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 cups coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 cups raw cacao powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and line three 8-inch cake pans with parchment paper.
- Add all of the dry ingredients to a very large mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Add all of the wet ingredients to a separate medium mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix together for 1-2 minutes to make your batter.
- Divide the batter evenly between the three baking pans and cook for 28-30 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean.
- Once the cake has completely cooled, assemble the cake by adding a layer of chocolate buttercream frosting in between each cake layer. My favorite recipe for chocolate buttercream frosting is here
- For the top of the cake, I used a mixture of confectioners sugar and almond milk to create a looser icing that I drizzled over the top
- Top with crushed pistachios and toasted coconut chips, or whatever toppings your heart desires!